What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device on accessing certain websites. Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about a user or device's browsing habits and depending on the information it contains and how the device is used, they can be used to recognize a user. Under no circumstance can cookies damage your device. In fact, enabling cookies helps us to identify and resolve possible errors.
Below is a list of cookies arranged into a series of categories. However, bear in mind that a cookie could be included in more than one category
Cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on the entity that manages the server or domain from which the cookies are sent and which processes the data they contain, cookies can be classified into:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's device from a server or domain managed by the publisher and which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's device from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data collected through cookies.
- If cookies are installed from a server or domain managed by the publisher, but the information collected though them is managed by a third-party, they are not classed as first-party cookies.
Types of cookies according to how long they remain activated:
Depending on how long they remain activated on the device, cookies can be divided into:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to gather and store data when the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store data that is only needed to provide the service requested by the user on one occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies:These cookies are stored on the device and can be accessed and managed over the period of time defined by the entity in charge of the cookie, which can range from minutes to several years.
Cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose of the data collected through the cookie, cookies can be divided into:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the options or services available, such as control traffic and data communications, identify the session, access areas with restricted access, remember the items included in an order, carry out the purchase process for an order, complete an event registration or participation form, use security components while browsing, store content to play videos or sounds or share content on social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow users to access the service with some general features defined by default according to a series of criteria on the user's device, such as language, browser used to access the service, regional settings from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow the entity in charge of them to track and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to compile browsing profiles of the users of these websites, applications and platforms in order to make improvements based on analyzing the data on how users use the service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible based on criteria such as edited content or how frequently advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies:These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible. These cookies store information about user behavior collected by constantly monitoring their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising accordingly.
The cookies used on our website are first-party and third-party. They allow us to store and access information related to the language, the browser used and other general features defined by the user and to track and analyses their activity in order to improve our services in a more efficient and personalized way. Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U does not use advertising or behavioral advertising cookies.
Cookies offer many benefits when providing information society services, as they: (i) help users to browse the website and access the services available; (ii) save users from having to configure the general features defined by default whenever they access the website; (iii) aid improved functioning and services provided by the website, after the corresponding analysis of the information collected via the cookies installed.
Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U does not collect or store your personal data (for example, name and address) and therefore, this data cannot be used to identify you.
However, you can configure your browser, allow or block cookies, or select those that can be installed and those that cannot by following the procedure for the browser used:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer (Windows Phone)
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
On its website, Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad, S.A.U. uses:
Session cookies are memorized and only temporary validity, that is, until the user finishes browsing the website. These cookies do not permanently record any information on the hard drive of your computer.
This is a table of Cookie's information
Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U. stores Google Analytics cookies on the user's device. Users can exclude their individual activity using the exclusions systems provided byGoogle Analytics
More information: Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites
|__utma||2 years or update||This cookie keeps a log of the number of times a user has visited a website, the date of their first visit and of their last visit.||Level 2|
|__utmb||30 minutes or update||This cookie helps calculate the amount of time a user spends on a website, storing the time the user enters the site.||Level 2|
|__utmc||expires with the session||This cookie helps calculate the amount of time a user spends on a website, storing the time the user leaves the site.||Level 2|
|__utmz||6 months or update||This cookie helps log the source of the traffic or campaign; tracks the search engine used to access, the links selected, the keywords used and the part of the world from which the site is accessed.||Level 2|
|__utmli||2 years or update||This cookie generates an anonymous user ID, which is used to count the number of times a user visits the website. It also logs the date of the first and last visit to the website. Similarly, it calculates when the session was ended, the origin of the user and the keywords used.||Level 2|
Cookies used by external content providers' plug-ins:
The cookies used by external content providers' plug-ins are necessary for users to access content or services provided by third-parties, such as videos hosted on YouTube, geographic locations in Google Maps or offering information about how many times the page of our website being viewed has been rated by Google+1. They are governed by the terms of their respective cookie policies.
Google plug-in Cookies:
Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U. uses Google external plug-ins. Using them involves sending cookies.
The information collected by the Google external plug-ins on our website, including the user's IP address, can be sent to Google and stored on its servers. This information is managed entirely by Google. These cookies do not identify users in-person unless they are logged in to Google, in which case they are linked to said Google account.
For more information, see: Types of cookies used by Google
Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U. uses the Google Maps to display geographic locations (our offices and other locations).
Some parts of Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U.'s website contain incrusted YouTube videos. The cookies implemented by Google on any page that includes a YouTube video are used to measure the number and behavior of YouTube users, including information that links the visit to our website to their Google account, if the user is logged in.
Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U. uses the plug-in for sharing and rating on Google +1, including the information that links the visit to our website with the user's Google account if the user is logged in and share it with their social circles.
|PREF||2 years||When creating a Google account or logging in, PREF, NID, HSID, APISID, SID, SSID, SAPISID, GAPS, LSID, BEAT and ULS cookies are stored on the computer in order to remain connected to your Google account when you visit its service again. While you are logged in and use plug-ins from other websites, such as ours, Google uses these cookies to improve your user experience. The Google +1 button on our website is hosted in Google. Your browser sends information from the cookies that Google requires. If you are logged in to your account, this data is used by Google in order to associate it with your account. We use Google Maps on our website to display geographic locations. Using it implies sending PREF, NID, SNID and khcookie cookies, in addition to the cookies that Google requires if you are logged in to your account, managed entirely by Google. Some pages of our website contain incrusted YouTube videos, a Google service. Using it implies sending PREF, NID, LOGIN_INFO, ACTIVITY, dkv, USE_HITBOX, demographics, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and YSC cookies, in addition to the cookies that Google requires if you are logged in to your account, in order to show the incrusted videos, estimate the bandwidth and display how many times it has been played.||level 2|
|NID||6 months||level 2|
|SNID||6 months||level 2|
|GAPS||expires with the session||level 2|
|LSID||2 years||level 2|
|BEAT||24 hours||level 2|
|YSC||expires with the session||level 2|
|Khcookie||expires with the session||level 2|
|demographics||18 months||level 2|
|dkv||60 days||level 2|
|APISID||2 years||level 2|
|HSID||2 years||level 2|
|SID||2 years||level 2|
|SAPISID||2 years||level 2|
|SSID||2 years||level 2|
|LOGIN_INFO||2 years||level 2|
|ACTIVITY||expires with the session||level 2|
|USE_HITBOX||expires with the session||level 2|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||8 months||level 2|
Social networks and third parties Cookies:
Cookies created by third parties and Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad, S.A.U. uses to allow the user shares content of this Website on the following social networks:
Facebook cookies are introduced by the functionality “Share on Facebook”. For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Twitter cookies are introduced by the functionality "Share on Twitter". For more information, please visit: http://twitter.com/privacy
LinkedIn cookies are introduced by the functionality “Share on LinkedIn” and these are used to do tracking pages that the user visits. For more information, visit: http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy
Yammer cookies are introduced by the functionality “Share on Yammer”. For more information, visit: https://www.microsoft.com/EN-US/privacystatement/OnlineServices/Default.aspx
Instagram cookies are introduced by the functionality “Share on Instagram”. For more information, visit: https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
Google+, Google Maps, Street View and YouTube
Google+, Google Maps, Street View and YouTube cookies are introduced at the time of loading of the respective widgets. For more information, visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/privacy-policy.html
Pinterest cookies are introduced by the functionality “Share on Pinterest”. For more information, visit: https://about.pinterest.com/en/cookie-policy
Intrusion levels associated with the cookies we use
The aforementioned cookies incorporate an 'intrusion level' criteria based on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
- Level 3: Corresponds to cookies managed by third-parties in the framework of services not expressly requested by the user, allowing them to be tracked through websites not belonging to Telefónica Ingeniería de Seguridad S.A.U. (e.g. graphic advertising management platforms). This level is specified along with the name of the owner. Using level 3 cookies is subject to the prior consent of the user who must expressly accept them.
These lists will be updated as quickly as possible as the services offered on the website change and evolve. However, during the update the list might not include a cookie, but these cookies will always have the same purposes as those included in these lists.